Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where are the lingonberries?

Before getting to my discussion of Swedish food, I must make a quick aside. On my flight over here I saw this movie.
It is Ingmar Bergman's Summer With Monika. This is the story of my life which should be called Summer With Kendra.


This is a farmers market in Stockholm. It looks like one anywhere. Since it is July it is full of raspberries and strawberries. I don't see any lingonberries. I guess that is what I get when all of my understanding of a country's culture comes from a few crude stereotypes picked up at IHOP. How can I ever see Sweden for what it is and get pass my silly misconceptions.

Wait. There they are. That is a nice big bucket full. I guess IHOP can teach us a lot. My next quest will be to find cinnamon rolls like at IKEA. That shouldn't be too hard because I smelled them baking at least three times before I even made it to my hotel room yesterday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment