Sunday, July 19, 2009

Glory to Latvian cinema?

Since I've been on the subject of film, did you know that Sergie Eisenstein was born in Riga?
His father Mikhail is Latvia's most famous art nouveau architect.
Here is some of his (rather ugly) work.
Now, I have to confess I am talking about this because I don't know anything about Latvian food.

They eat fish.
and soft cheeses
and chocolate when they are taking a break from cutting up meat with an ax.
and Lingonberries?!!
I feel betrayed. Those things in Sweden didn't look like the Lingonberries I had on my meatballs. So what does this mean? They don't eat lingonberries in Sweden and do in Latvia, or it is lingonberry season in Latvia but not in Swedan. Or, I don't know what a lingonberry looks like.

2 comments:

  1. wow. bloody eyes two days in a row (i'll email you the other one)...didn't expect it from you, pal...this is getting better...i'm sure summer would agree, since hers is the only opinion that matters...oh, rociel claims she's reading this, too...i'll quiz her on it later to make sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like red currants to me. i have to show you guys on my world famous cake that I make with them.

    ReplyDelete